What you’ll be doing...
- This position includes responsibilities associated with the proper maintenance and ongoing operations of all core RF, cell equipment (Macro and Small Cells), transport/backhaul, power and HVAC to deliver on our network reliability brand promise.
- This position is also responsible for managing the operation and maintenance of all technologies necessary to expand and evolve the network to meet customer demand for new and improved service offerings. This includes timely support of both capital projects and expense work while delivering upon financial budget targets.
- This position is responsible for proactively and aggressively fixing performance issues in the field. This includes but is not limited to hunting RF interference, diagnosing the cause, and working to correct and stop the interference. It includes diagnosing PIM/VSWR and triggering the appropriate repair for performance impacting issues.
- This position is responsible to support a broad range of network elements. This includes the timely installation of transport facilities, software translations, hardware/software upgrades, router/switch upgrades and configurations, and site activation/testing. Equipment that this position is responsible for includes but is not limited to: BTS’s, enodeB's, tower equipment (antennas, microwave, RRH, TTA, etc), IBS/DAS, EPDR assets, AC/DC Power Equipment.
- This position must effectively interface and provide support to all other local departments in the organization, such as: Construction, RF, System Performance, Engineering, MSC Operations, and Facilities on a daily basis to ensure growth schedules are being met.
- This position must also effectively interact with HQ organizations such as NRB, NOC, Compliance, Maintenance Engineering, Network Implementation. This position must also interact effectively with National Network Engineering and Operations, and Area planning/support.
- This position is also responsible for ensuring the security, safety and environmental compliance of our systems and facilities in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Maintaining cell site and test equipment inventories.
- Ability to examine and interpret key performance indicators using available tools.
- Understanding fiber optic maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
- Preventative and remedial maintenance; building and grounds upkeep.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- This position will be located in the Jefferson City area and south through the Lake of the Ozark area.
The engineer is expected to be able to perform his/her duties with little supervision and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
What we’re looking for...
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6791728-network-assurance-field-engineer
• Post ID: 25760513 columbiamo