Patient Account Representative – Early Out
Summary: The function of the Patient Account Representative is to act as an extension of the business office team for an assigned healthcare facility (ies). This position is customer service focused and driven by a fast-paced dialer. The representative is expected to meet a variety of performance metrics while providing exemplary communication to the patients and hospitals that we serve.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform collections activity based on collection queue/production goals by making outbound and receiving inbound telephone calls from patients who owe medical bills.
- Provide first-rate customer service as first priority in a transparent environment as an extension of our client.
- Work in a multitude of healthcare patient accounting systems to assist patient in resolving account.
- Maintain a working knowledge of client policies and procedures.
- Follow established call model to collect balance in full or secure payment arrangements prior to the account moving to Bad Debt.
- Maintain acceptable call quality as determined by the Management staff.
- Assist the Unit Manager or Team Lead in working priority reports promptly, effectively, and efficiently and serve as a mentor to new employees by assisting with their training and development.
- Close out an appropriate number of accounts each month as determined by Management and use appropriate account maintenance on each account worked, including entering notes which detail actions.
- Work with insurance companies as needed and complete any necessary correspondence to facilitate account resolution.
- Escalate patient complaint calls as necessary to appropriate leadership for resolution.
- Accept constructive criticism and listen to recorded calls in an effort to improve call quality and collection dollars.
- Achievement of daily/weekly/monthly collection fee goals.
- Strict adherence to HIPAA, HiTech and all state and federal regulations regarding account collections and patient privacy.
- All other duties as assigned.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=26580-132482&lang=en
• Post ID: 25798638 columbiamo